02 03 Batali, Dior, and Dewey Walk into a Bar...: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

34
If you liked Gone Girl, then you have to read this one! My sister-in-law gave it to me once she heard I loved GG. It's a suspenseful thriller about a girl who grows up under her oppressive and selfish judge of a father. Her sister is perfect in every way in his eyes. Her mom can do nothing right, however. And then there's the good girl. She does everything wrong and receives nothing but negative in return. 


Her bad luck in life doesn't end with her family. She ends up being kidnapped after being stood up by her boyfriend at a bar. The story flashes back and forth from before she's abducted by a stranger and after she's rescued. You hear from different view points (none of which are the girl's). Your viewpoint of the characters will continue to change right up until the very last page. I love a good book that really focuses on character analysis (yes, I'm a nerd). The plot moves quickly as well, so you're not stuck reading about the seventy shades of brown of the inside of a cabin. 

You'll love reading this one by the pool this summer! I finished it in no less than two days, my friend. You won't be able to put it down. 
35 36 37 38