02 03 Batali, Dior, and Dewey Walk into a Bar...: Hash Brown Egg Cups 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Hash Brown Egg Cups

34
I'm always looking for something delicious and easy (preferably make ahead) that I can have for breakfast. I'm not a big weekday breakfast "chef". I'd prefer something quick and easy so that I can sit down and sip my coffee [and watch crazy man run wild]. 

These little lovelies did not disappoint. I'm kind of in love actually.


I stored the remaining egg cups in these cute little guys. I just pop them in the microwave for about a minute, and boom - breakfast is served!


 I took a few pictures of the stages of the egg cup goodness so you could see the progression. It's riveting photography, if I do say so.





They're extremely easy to make, and you can make as many or as few as you want. They're about 200 calories each, too, so if you feel like you need a bigger breakfast, snag two of these bad boys. I also think they're delicious with a little sliced avocado and tomato on the side. 




Hash Brown Egg Cups

1 1/2 cups frozen, shredded hash browns, thawed (just thaw them the night before in the fridge)
1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 tbs. EVOO
4 eggs
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs. bacon bits

Preheat oven to 425. 

In a medium bowl, mix the hash browns, 1/2 cup cheddar, olive oil, and S&P to taste (remember the bacon bits will add salt). Spray a large muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a little bit of the hash brown mixture into 4 of the muffin cups, dividing the mixture evenly. Create a little crust with the mixture by pressing the hash browns into the bottom and sides. Bake at 425 until the hash browns are golden and cheese is melted (15-20 minutes). 

Remove the muffin tin from the oven and reduce the heat to 350. 

Crack one egg into each of the hash brown cups. Season with S&P to taste. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon bits. Bake at 350 until eggs are set and cheese is melted (about 13 minutes). 

Allow egg cups to cool slightly, then remove gently with a fork. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, only cook for a minute or so. 

Makes 4 egg cups.
35 36 37 38