02 03 Batali, Dior, and Dewey Walk into a Bar...: Book-Themed Baby Shower for My Bestie! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Book-Themed Baby Shower for My Bestie!

34
This weekend, I got to help throw a baby shower for my sweet friend along with a great group of gals. Her nursery is adventure themed [so cute!], but another group was throwing a shower under that theme. So, since our friend is a teacher [and a few of us are also educators/librarians], we decided to throw a book-themed shower! It turned out so well! 

I can't take ANY credit for the decorations. Abby's sweet friend put it all together. She did an ah-MAZE-ing job! 

For the wreath, she went to Half Price Books [love it] and got a few kids' books. Then she ripped out the pages, rolled them up, stapled them to stay put, and hot glued them to a cardboard circle. Then she added the chalkboard sign and ribbon. It looks great! 


She also made a beautiful banner out of the same book pages. 



And she even made some cut outs for the table with the pages. I love the use of authentic books and keepin' it simple. That's my kind of deco!


We decided to use the theme to dictate what we brought for food. As you'll see in the pictures, each food item had a book to go with it. The only one I forgot to go back and photograph was the meatball platter; it went with the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

#theyweredelish 

#ihadabouttwelve




  


[this was what I brought - recipe here]

I love me some Tomie dePaola, so I had to go with him.




Beautiful diaper cake made by one of Abby's friends!


Aren't they just gorgeous?! Abby looks like she's just got a balloon under her dress. She's just beautiful and glowing! I can't wait to meet baby Syd!


I brought the flowers to add a little somethin' something'. I went with the good ole baby's breath and a few other [not so costly] colorful flowers to add to the colors of the books. 



Such a great time! I love when showers are simple, easy, and come together to do what's important: shower the new mama and her sweet baby. Nothing better than giving love to your sweet friends. 
35 36 37 38