02 03 Batali, Dior, and Dewey Walk into a Bar...: Wedding Season Dresses 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Wedding Season Dresses

34
It's wedding season, people! My brother-in-law is getting married in July, and I've been on the hunt for a good wedding guest dress (say that 5 times fast).

Nordstrom is, to me, just the best little shop under the sun. Everything I've posted here is from their site.

I'm having a hard time with the post-baby body. I'm definitely not fitting into my pre-baby dresses yet, and I hate to buy something that (hopefully) will be too big for me in the near future **fingers crossed**. 

I love this little number for the cutout in the sides. It seems airy and flexible enough that I could wrangle our little man during the ceremony and reception.

Alice + Olivia Rikki Cutout Midi Dress


I'd probably order this one for my brother-in-law's wedding because it's black tie. However, this mommy body isn't quite ready for the tight tummy and showy arms. I love the beautiful floral pattern because it's flirty and yet still elegant. 

Adrianna Papell Embellished Ruched Metallic Jacquard Sheath Dress




This one is absolutely stunning! The lace and simple body style make it a very yes-I'll-wear-you-again kind of gown. I don't know if I'd choose the pewter or the slate. They're both beautiful. The cutout in the back is just flirty enough without being too sassy for a formal wedding.

Amsale Illusion Yoke Lace Gown





Here's the little number I decided on. The reason I went for a two-piece is because I feel like I'll have a little more "give" in the size department. It's not going to be as form-fitting as a dress would be, and I can still bend and move around after our sweet baby boy. The only thing I'm worried about is getting my arms into shape enough for the beautiful top! Another bonus about the skirt: pockets!

Eliza J Beaded Crepe TopEliza J Floral Organza Ball Skirt




Now I just need a good pair of shoes...
35 36 37 38