02 03 Batali, Dior, and Dewey Walk into a Bar...: The Selection Series 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Selection Series

34
If you're in education or have ever had kids who have experienced that crazy first week of school or if you can remember that first week of school yourself... you know it's cray cray. 

This was the first time I can ever remember actually beginning and finishing a book during a school week since I began teaching 7 years ago. What's even crazier is that I finished not one, not two, but THREE books this first week of school. 

I attribute that to my new job as librarian, but also to the amazing books that make up the Selection Series by Kiera Cass. I read books #1, #2, and #3. There are even more than that

The series is similar to The Hunger Games and Divergent stories. It's set in a future dystopian America and the heroine is a girl born into a lower caste (yes, they have a caste system in future America). It details her experiences and trials as she goes through the Selection process to possibly become the next princess of IllĂ©a. 

I don't think they're quite as well written as The Hunger Games, but they're definitely worth the read. The stories move very quickly (I finished two of the books in just one night each) and really captivate the teenager in all of us. 




35 36 37 38