02 03 Batali, Dior, and Dewey Walk into a Bar...: Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich

34
Now that I'm pregnant, I can't have anything. Ok, that's dramatic. I can't have a lot of things that I normally would reach for every day (cold turkey sandwiches, hot cup of coffee in the morning, glass of wine...). The struggle is real on that last one.

Anywho, when I saw a recipe for Avocado Egg Salad, I was like, "PTL something that I CAN eat. Not only eat, but scarf down." It's got so many good things for the baby and mama alike, plus it's delish.





Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich

2 hard boiled eggs
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp. sweet relish
1 tbs. mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. Dijon
Splash of fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Hoagie bun
Baby arugula

After your eggs are perfectly boiled, cooled, and peeled, mash them together with the avocado. You don't want a paste, just a good mixing together. Add relish, mayo, Dijon, and lemon juice; stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve on Hoagie bun (or your fave bread) with arugula on the bottom of the bun. 

Makes one beauty of a sandwich. 
35 36 37 38